Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Heritage

This semester I am taking a course that is soley dedicated to studying the Family Proclamation. It has been a little less than a month and I have already learned so much. We have discussed a lot about how a marriage cannot work unless you work together with your spouse and rely on our Heavenly Father. The topic of Heritage keeps coming to my mind.

This summer we had our Driscoll Family reunion and it was so much fun. It is crazy to see how much this family has grown and how it keeps growing. It is even more amazing to think that it all started with two, very amazing people. Tanner and I were talking a few days ago about how incredible it is to see the family that has come from these two people. My grandpa grew up not being able to go to church, but always wanted to. When he married my grandma they set a goal to never miss a Sunday, and to tell you the truth I don't think they have. They have instilled their faith and love for our Lord and Savior in everyone of their children and I am so grateful to be a part of that legacy. My grandpa started out with nothing and with a sense of hardwork he created a business that has grown and has been very successful. He always makes sure to tell each of his grandkids that we always need to remember how important it is to work hard and never give up.

I have such great respect for these incredible people. I am so grateful for the way that they raised my dad and how my dad raised me and instilled the same beliefs in me. They have taught me so much by their example. Tanner and I both agree, that if we follow these examples that have been set for us we will never have to worry. They are all such strong examples of putting Christ first in our lives and never waivering from the path that will lead us back to our home with our Heavenly Father. I only hope that as I go through life I can build a family and have a heritage as wonderful as the one they have built.

No comments:

Post a Comment