Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fun at the Fair

I love the Eastern Idaho State Fair! I have been craving the food ever since the very beginning of my pregnancy and Saturday and Monday that craving was finally fulfilled. We always have to go to the fair the first few days it starts because Tanner starts potato harvest at the end of the week. We went Saturday night with Devonee and Neal. That whole morning all I could thing about was the candy apples, chocolate covered strawberries, and the italian sodas. I took it easy because I knew we would be back but Tanner went for it in full swing. He was quite proud of himself. :) Devonee, Neal and Tanner braved one ride. The carnival workers always make me kind of skeptic about riding, but they survived. We watched the hypnotist show that night. We watch it every year. We always get a good kick out of the people who voulonteer to make fools of themselves :) Of course we had to stop by Grandpa Wally's restored tractors. We thought he would be there but he wasn't that night. My grandpa usually stands there so he can be sure to tell people that they are his and fill them in on their history. The picture is of me and Tanner infront of one of grandpa's friends restored combine. We tried to get pictures in front of my grandpa's but the lighting was horrible.
Monday we watched the horse races. Tanner got really into it. Ever since we saw the movie Secretariat he informed me that he wants to own a race horse once day... I did find the Indian relay races very entertaining. I can't believe that those boys can so fast on those horses riding bareback and not fall off. Of course we ate some more and that concluded our EISF experience for 2011. Maybe I will sneak over there another day with my mom? :) The fair is definitely one of my favorite things about this part of Idaho. You cannot beat the food. When I lived in Iowa, people would always tell us that their fair was ranked as one of the top in the nation. I will say that it had some cool things to see(a cow sculpted out of butter?), but the food at the EISF definitely beats all. Until next year...already can't wait for that funnel cake!

1 comment:

  1. I drooled the whole time I read your fair post. Sigh. Thanks for rubbing it in. :) I guess a new sweet baby is one of the few things that beats the fair. :) Your hair is so cute in that picture! Come see me soon.

    ReplyDelete