Monday, January 9, 2012

Breckyn's Blessing

There was such a sweet spirit in our home yesterday morning. I can't even really describe it. Tanner was very nervous but I knew that he would give a wonderful and special blessing. I fed Breckyn really well so that she would hopefully sleep through the blessing but the minute we took her out of her car seat she was up. She squirmed a little during the blessing but didn't scream horribly so I was happy with that. Tanner said she spit out her binky and at the moment he knew she wouldn't be quiet. I knew before hand that I wanted to write down her blessing but when the time came I was pretty flustered and didn't get it down as well as I would have like but as luck would have a lady in our ward wrote it down and gave it to me. I was so grateful. The blessing was beautiful. Tanner spoke about how Breckyn would cherish education and the importance of geneology, something both of her grandmothers love do to. He also spoke about how she would be blessed to have a special relationship with her parents especially her mother. That is was put me into tears. I already feel such a special bond with her. I cherish the relationship I have with my mother and I hope that Breckyn will always cherish ours. Wrapped up in her dad's beautiful baby blanket that Grandma Mychelle made almost 25 years ago!.She had just about had it with all of the pictures on that day. Once we layed her on the ground and let her kick she was a happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment