Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sick, Sick, Sick

Breckyn has had a few colds so a couple of weeks ago I was sure we were just battling another one. She had a runny nose and a slight caugh and then one morning I woke up to this...
It was one of the saddest things I had ever seen. Along with this she had a fever of 103. I had to put her straight in the bath and let the hot steam help wipe it off. We made a trip to the doctor that day and sure enough....a 10 out of 10 double ear infection, and sore through and one nasty kanker sore. I didn't even know babies could get kanker sores! Well we battle this for about a week and a half with an antibiotic and then on Saturday morning she had drainage out of her ear. I was freaked out and then it stopped and it was back on Sunday, so I called the clinic and the doctor on call was amazing!! She said she didn't want me to have to take her to urgent care so she met me at the clinic. One ear drum had ruptured, so we then started ear drops and a stronger antibiotic. I took her for her 9 month check up on Tuesday and the ear drum had closed back up so we didn't need them anymore and she is on mend! So now instead of the sad face above we get to enjoy this smile again that we hadn't seen in a while...

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! This makes me so sad! Eden has been sick this past week with an awful stuffy nose, so I can't imagine the ear infections and everything you battled with this!

    ReplyDelete