Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dirscoll Reunion 2011



This past weekend we traveled to Island Park for a reunion with my parents and my siblings. We were definitely in need of a little get away. Even though it was only a weekend it felt so good to forget about real life for 72 hours. I went up a day early with my mom and helped her get a lot of the food and the cabin ready for the rest of the family. I forgot my camera so I had to rely on my sister Heather and I am so that she sent me a few of her snapshots. My mom's parents have a cabin just down the way from the Driscoll family cabin. We planned on a few of us staying down there and we soon found out that we had a few visitors...BATS! Eric's family stayed there the first night and killed 4 bats. Little Brooklynn told me that Batman visited them :) My mom asked me if Tanner and I would stay down there, I feel bad but I said no way! My mom along with my dad, Devonee, and Neal braved the bat invested cabin. They weren't visited the first night, but on the second night they killed 5. It was so nice to be surrounded by family for the weekend. A few of us went to the Playmill Theater and got our tradition scoop of ice cream from our favorite parlor in West Yellowstone. Saturday was full of boating and riding the four wheeler. Saturday night we had dinner around the camp fire and mom's homemade ice cream. A few of us played games late into the night and enjoyed lots of laughter. Devonee's boyfriend Neal told her that he found it really neat that our family was so close to one another. I truly feel that when we are together. We laugh for hours and I never get tired of their company. I am so grateful for the knowledge of eternal families and the gift that it is to know that I will be with them forever.



Neal was a hit when he brought the 4-wheeler that actually worked


It looks like a leisurely tube ride, but Braden really punched it after this picture was taken


what great little helpers grandma has!


Saturday night hot dog roast


Brooklynn loves hanging out with Great Grandpa Dan


Our best attempt at getting all nine grandkids together for a picture


Can't wait till next year!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I would have stayed in that cabin either.... Haha! Well I think its in the Driscoll blood to have fun! But, it looks like a lot of fun! We are sorry we weren't able to see you last time! I wanted to see your cute little baby bump! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! You Driscolls sure know how to have a good time. I'm glad you got to get away for a few days.

    P.S. I wouldn't have stayed with bats either!

    ReplyDelete