Last Monday I was able to attend Chet Wahlen's funeral service with my parents. The Driscoll/Wahlen friendship has been there for years and I loved learning so much more about Chet and the great person that he was. President Lankford got up at the end to give a few remarks and he told a story about how everytime he got off the phone with Chet he would say, "Sure love ya!" I thought that was so neat! During the closing song my dad slipped me a note a little piece of paper that said, "Krystle, Sure love ya! Love, Dad" I looked over to smile at him and he had a small tear in his eye. It was a very tender moment for the both of us. I kept that note and I put it in my scriptures. I love my dad so much. He has done so much for me in my life and every time I talk to him on the phone he asks if there is anything he can do for me. He is always thinking of others and continues to be one of the greatest examples for me in my life.
Sure love ya dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment